Tuesday, November 21, 2006

You will beat childhood obesity

I’m not going to lie to you and tell you that the changes are going to be easy. Especially if you are a busy family juggling busy schedules but if you stick to it you will succeed. To help your child succeed you should give them rewards for reaching their goals. However these rewards should not be based on food in anyway. They instead should involve family outings such as ice skating or swimming. Or Equipment so that your child can participate in even more physical activity. With this information you and your child will combat childhood obesity.

Reference: the mayo clinic- http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/childhood-obesity/FL00058

1 comment:

Sam E Bromley said...

I am a former special education teacher and I wrote a children's picture book that tackles the issue of childhood obesity. Hunka Chunka Monkey Shapes Up entertains children without being preachy. It places a simple truth as a foundation in their hearts.....to cut back on their favorite snack, become active and make new friends.

Chris Powell of ABC's Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition reads my book to his children every night. He stated on his FaceBook, "The kids are requesting Hunka Chunka Monkey Shapes Up for their bedtime story tonight....AGAIN! This is the third in a row, but I love it. What a great message of healthy living for children:). Nicely done, Sam E Bromley!" Chris's wife, Heidi Powell, used such words as 'amazing' and 'brilliant' when describing my story! I am excited about getting this message out. You can go to YouTube.com and type in my book's name: Hunka Chunka Monkey Shapes Up and see a brief message about my story! Please pass this on for all to see and partner with me and let us stop the obesity problem in America by encouraging the very young to skip, run and jump their way to a better life and a better future!

Sam E Bromley